Review: Capture by Brina Courtney


Title: Capture
Author: Brina Courtney
Format: eARC*
Pages: 96
Genre: YA Fiction Sci-Fi
Stand-Alone or Series: Series
*From the author in exchange for my honest review.
Summary: As the highly anticipated second novel in the Cryptid Tales series, Capture is sure to satisfy the YA SciFi reader. This action packed story picks up right where Reveal left off with Shay realizing that someone she holds close may not be totally lost. But can Hugh, her cryptid mate, protect her from the evil Malsumis? Or will she fall victim to his horrible plans?
   One thing is for sure, Shay is in for the fight of her life.

My Thoughts:
   No fear of the sophomore slump here! The second installment of the Cryptid Tales series was even better than the first.
   To be honest I'm having a fit writing this review solely because I have to reign myself in to keep from fangirling all over it. (Which I'll probably end up doing anyways.) There just wasn't anything I didn't like about this book. Even the villians were awesome! Well, they were still bad guys, but Brina gave them an actual story. There were reasons why they were badies. One thing I am in awe of is the world Brina creates when it comes to the cryptids. They were one thing I really wanted to know more about & that's given in Capture. The way Brina pulled everything together with the different characters, settings, & all of the cryptids was just so well done. The pace was good & the story definitely held my interest. It picks up exactly where the last one left off & develops from there. Another thing I really liked? The length of the book. I don't know if I've ever said this on my blog before or not, but my thought's I'd rather read an entertaining, well-written, 100-200 page book than a drug out 700 page book full of filler. Brina does this really well, cutting straight to the story & what's important.
   In all, I love this book & can't wait to read more by Brina. I HIGHLY recommend y'all check this one out!

Rating:
Content:
~Profanity: Moderate
~Sexual Content: Moderate/Holy Moly
~Violence: Mild/Moderate
For full details click {HERE}

9 comments:

  1. I'd love to read this 2 books they sounds really good. I love discovering new authors, and thanks to blogs like yours I have. I have added both books to my book wish list.

    jmesparza821(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great to hear! It's always nice to help people find new books =)

      Delete
  2. you recommend it, so i wanna read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Review! I really need to get Reveal off my waiting to read list!!! ahhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to hear what you think when you read it. =)

      Delete
  4. I think your review is really going to hook some new readers which is awesome! I can't wait for more people to read this series so I can chat about it with them! :D great job spreading the word!

    michellejoy07 ( at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That is one of the best compliments I think a blogger can get on a review.

      Me too! I love this series so much & it's always good to have more people to chat about it with.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the great review of this installation of the Cryptic Tales series. It sounds fantastic and I'm excited to have another book to add to my list:) Ahh, and I prefer shorter well thought out books too!

    ReplyDelete

*Waves* Hi there awesome person! Thanks for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all comments that need one so make sure to check back later! =)

 

Ren's Rambles Copyright © 2010 to Current ~ Images and Template Designed by Ren Copyright © 2013