Review: Reveal by Brina Courtney (Reveal Tour)

Title: Reveal
Author: Brina Courtney
Format: eARC*
Pages: 152
Genre: YA Sci-Fi/Paranormal
Stand-Alone or Series: Series
* Please see the FTC Disclaimer at the bottom of this review.

Summary(from GoodReads):
   Shay Tafford is not normal. Being a cryptid is not normal. Seeing ghosts is not normal. Her father’s disappearance is not normal. Lucky for Shay, Hugh isn't normal either. 
   So when he enters her life through her dead best friend Shay knows he may be her only chance at a normal life. A life she is desperately searching for.

My Thoughts:
    Creepy, funny, entertaining, edge-of-your-seat, & an awesome debut from Brina Courtney.
   Reveal is the first self-published book I've ever reviewed & what a way to start things off! I've read ghost stories before, but I didn't know anything about cryptids. What I learned? If Brina's writing about them, I apparently love them. Reveal is part sci-fi, part paranormal, & part romance.
   One thing I really enjoyed was the way Brina writes. Nothing was drawn out. You got all the information you needed without loads of filler like some books. The story line held my interest, the characters felt realistic(mostly), & the pages flew by. The last 10 pages literally had me on the edge of my seat, anxious to see what would happen next. And that ending!
   Shay was a good main character. She wasn't your run of the mill high school girl, which I liked. I also really liked her relationship with Hugh. It wasn't 100% lovey dovey all the time. They disagreed & fought sometimes, but they worked through it.
   There are some unanswered questions in Reveal. Mostly they're about Chad & Shay's dad. I also still have a few about Shay(& Hugh) & The Darkness, but I'm hoping we find out more in the next book.
   To be honest I just don't have anything bad to say about Reveal. On Twitter I dubbed Brina "the master of the dramatic cliff-hanger ending" & I fully stand by that since the only problem I had is that I need more! Usually if a book has sex & swearing in it I deduct a point, but I enjoyed Reveal so much I just don't have the heart to. In all Reveal is just a good book. Plain & simple. I can't wait to read more from Brina.
~P.S. Don't forget to check out my interview with Brina {HERE} & to stop by the next blog on the tour: Mickey @ I'm A Book Shark .

Rating:
    Content:
~Profanity: Moderate
~Sexual Content: Holy Moly!
~Violence: Moderate
For full details click {HERE}

FTC Disclaimer: I received an electronic advanced readers copy of Reveal from Brina in exchange for my honest review as part of the tour. Thank you to Brina!

0 awesome people's thoughts:

Post a Comment

*Waves* Hi there awesome person! Thanks for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all comments that need one so make sure to check back later! =)

 

Ren's Rambles Copyright © 2010 to Current ~ Images and Template Designed by Ren Copyright © 2013