Review: Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally (Catching Jordan Tour)


Title: Catching Jordan
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Format: ARC*
Pages: 281
Genre:YA Fiction/Contemporary
Stand-Alone or Series: Stand-Alone
Summary: What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though - she leads them as the captain and quarterback on her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starring position on the team... and has her suddenly wishing to be seen as more than just a teammate.

My Thoughts:
   Sporty, fun, & highly entertaining.
   I really enjoyed Catching Jordan. All of the characters felt really well developed. None of them felt like they were just randomly there; they all had a reason for being there, but at the same time the minor characters weren't overladen with detail. I also liked how the story line was done. You had the main one with Jordan wanting to play football in college, but you also have the ones between Jordan, & her dad, & Ty, & Henry.
   Sam Henry had to be my favorite character(along with Jordan). Henry's just so, well, adorkable; so sweet & funny. The chapter titled "Jerry Rice" had me doubled over laughing. Jordan was a strong main character. I felt like she was so easy to relate to, which I liked.
   The only thing I didn't enjoy about Catching Jordan was the content. There was a good bit of sexual content, but there was also a LOT of swearing. Including quite a few f-bombs. There were actually so many cuss words I lost count. I just didn't feel like all of the profanity was really necessary.
   In all, I enjoyed Catching Jordan. It was a good, lighter, contemporary YA book with some pretty awesome characters.
~P.S. I know a lot of people were talking about how girls don't really play football on guys' school teams, well check these awesome girls out!{I'm sure there are more. These are just the ones I found first.} {Here} & {Here}

Rating:

    Content:
~Profanity: Holy Moly!
~Sexual Content: Holy Moly!
~Violence: Mild
For full details click {HERE}


FTC Disclaimer: I received an advanced readers copy of Catching Jordan from the publisher in exchange for my honest review as part of the tour. Thank you to Derry & Sourcebooks Fire.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you ended up liking this book! I knew the content would be a problem for you, but I am super happy you stuck with it anyway. This book had some great characters and hilarious moments :o)

    ReplyDelete

*Waves* Hi there awesome person! Thanks for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all comments that need one so make sure to check back later! =)

 

Ren's Rambles Copyright © 2010 to Current ~ Images and Template Designed by Ren Copyright © 2013